- Small diameter grinding disc for use with smart repairs or applications with restricted access
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology employs microreplication for extremely uniform abrasive
- Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
- Grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
- PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond lend this disc long life and tear-resistance
- Significantly longer lasting, complete more parts per disc and requires fewer disc changes
Cubitron™ II technology grinding disc
Speed, Long Life, and Ease of Use
Engineered for faster cutting, sustained performance, durability and increased throughput, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Discs 786C is a game changer, featuring our Precision-Shaped Grain technology.
About 3M™ Cubitron™ II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels, and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron™ abrasives feature our Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows our engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures – essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What’s more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
Time-Saving Quick Change Attachment
Our 3M™Fibre Roloc™ Disc Quick Change Attachment System is convenient and saves time. Discs screw securely into the threaded mandrel without tools. Ideal for applications requiring frequent grade or disc size changes. For best results, use Fibre Roloc™ Discs with 3M™ Power Tools. 3M abrasives, accessories, and power tools are optimized to work together and help you attain maximum productivity.
Choose the 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Discs 786C for medium to heavy-duty metalworking such as weld grinding and clean-up, as well as edge chamfering, beveling, and paint removal processes.
- Clean and remove coatings
- Deburr metal
- Remove gaskets
- Polish and shape metal
- Remove oxidation, paint, and rust
- Cut spot welds
- Strip paint to metal
- Slotted for cutting off weld and door skin removal
Use 3M™ Disc Pad Face Plates – Red Ribbed – to optimize product life of Cubitron™ II Fibre Discs – grades 36+, 60+ and 80+.
A Portfolio of Abrasive Systems Solutions
From specialty abrasives designed for a highly specific purpose to versatile sheets, 3M provides an abrasive to accomplish your task or perfect your system. At 3M, we draw from a wealth of original technologies and breakthrough inventions to provide a broad portfolio of abrasives that shape, finish and polish with ease and precision.