Remote Access Solutions
Dedicated or Integrated VPN? Use this handy guide to decide which solution best meets the needs of your business.
WatchGuard SSL Family:
- Ideal for companies with a large number of remote users needing access to network resources from anywhere, any time
- A stand-alone appliance – just plug and play – with no additional software components to buy, install, or manage
- Remote employees have easy access to essential corporate resources including email, web conferencing, and CRM from any web-enabled device
- Can be used for the simplest deployment, or IT administrators can take it to the next level by using endpoint integrity checking, optional Java-based application delivery, bi-directional tunneling, and more
- Simple for end users – just log on once and have access to everything in the portal – no need to repeatedly re-authenticate
- Client and clientless access – including Win 7 and Vista 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Consolidated auditing collects all information about access, identity, and system events in a central repository for quick insight into user and system-based activities
WatchGuard XTM Firewall/VPN:
- The right product for businesses that want an all-in-one security solution combining firewall with VPN for secure site-to-site connectivity, as well as secure remote access for some mobile users
- Multiple VPN choices are built into all WatchGuard XTM and Firebox X e-Series appliances for flexibility in secure connectivity
- Branch Office VPN allows secure site-to-site connectivity over IPSec
- Easy drag-and-drop VPN setup – three clicks and the remote office is connected
- Includes Mobile VPN clients – using IPSec or SSL – for secure remote connectivity
- Pairing VPN capabilities with a strong firewall allows for streamlined administration
- These solutions have optional security subscriptions that boost protection in critical attack areas, providing comprehensive and unified threat management
What is a VPN?
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) uses cryptography to scramble data so it's unreadable while traveling over the Internet, thus providing privacy over public lines. Deploying VPNs enables businesses to deliver secure, encrypted connectivity for traveling employees, remote offices, and telecommuters who require access to critical corporate network resources including email, network drives, and intranet resources.